1. SHOP. When in Singapore, you shop. It seems to be strange coming from me, but Singaporeans have a serious shopping addiction. Never in my life have I seen so many malls, and so many people in it. ALL THE TIME. There is no way around it, so hop off at Orchard road and enjoy the crazyness!
2. Eat some of the best (street) food. Singapore is a mecca for foodlovers! Wow, the food was really amazing. As the sale of street food in Singapore is strictly regulated by government rules en health inspections, you don't even have to stress out about getting a potential stomach problem. We went to the Maxwell Food Center and the one in Chinatown. Besides that, we found some of the best snacks at markets, food courts and random restaurants. We've seen it all (from sweetpatato pancakes to Acai bowls to green tea marshmellows) so make sure you get out there!
3. Enjoy the sun on Sentosa Island. Sometimes it is nice to escape the hot and busy city. The solution is Sentosa Island. I say: skip the theme park and head straight towards the beaches! Me and my sister went to Tanjong Beach Club and spend most of our time tanning on huge sun beds, eating truffle fries and swimming in the infinity pool.
4. Visit the Tiong Bahru area. At first sight, the area might seem kind of boring and residential, but we found some of the nicest cafe's here. Make sure to visit the Tiong Bahru bakery where they sell the most incredible patisserie around.
5. Dance on the Marina Bay Sands. The Marina Bay Sands hotel is one of the most iconic landmarks you can find in Singapore. As a ship floating above the city, there is no way you can miss this place. Go there by night to enjoy some cocktails at the Ku De Ta skybar and meet some new expat friends ;)
6. Take a picture at the Gardens by the Bay. I must admit I did not go here myself (but I made a great picture from the above mentioned rooftop!) but the Gardens by the Bay look incredibly cool by night.
7. Do a cultural tour around Little India, Chinatown and the Arab quarter. Singapore is famous for its multicultural society and it's definitely something you want to experience. Smell the Indian spices, enjoy some Humus and get some cheap Chinese souvenirs. Must do!
8. Experience the cool cafe lifestyle in Singapore. This city has some of the coolest cafes around, and I really did not expect it! Drip coffee, green juices, matcha latte's and vegan cakes have arrived and there is no way you would not enjoy this. Take a break from shopping or whatever you're doing and relax with some of the best snacks and drinks around! Some nice streets for this are Haji Lane and Ann Siang Road.
9. Look up! The architecture in this city is just beyond cool.
10. Beautify yourself - Asian style. Singaporeans are vain and they know how to take care of themselves! Take note and get inspired by the cool looks that you see over there. I saw the prettiest 'gradient lips' and it's high on my to do list! Make sure you pay a visit to Asian drugstores and stock up on all the cool cosmetics that we can't find in Europe.