Looking back to our post of last week about the blue shirt! Get one for this summer, it will become your favorite piece, we can tell......
Blue shirt Ralph Lauren | Jeans J.Crew | Bag Zara | Shoes Russel & Bromley | Sunglasses Ray-Ban
Why not add a pop of color to your interior with some colorful carpets, flowers, chairs, or art?
Ph credit: Tumblr, Pinterest, Roomed.nl, Interiorjunkie.nl
California came to Holland with the launch of this cute restaurant. Staring at Jacob is a lunch/brunch place in Oud-West in Amsterdam. Started by the men of restaurant Fraiche, Staring at Jacob (Jacob van Lennepkade, 215) serves west-coast Californian style brunch and snacks. Think heavenly American brunches, adapted to European taste (meaning lighter, smaller and more healthy options). We had the most delicious 5 spice French toast with strawberries and maple syrup *drooooolll*
Definitely worth a visit!
Staring at Jacob
Jacob van Lennepkade 251
+31 20 223 7498
Ripped, bleached or plain: the boyfriend jeans are hot! Pair them with a pair of heels, espadrilles and a crop top and you're good to go!
As I have written before; I went to Antwerp during easter. A weekend with wonderfull weather, so time for some spring clothing!
Top Topshop | Loafers Tods | Skirt H&M | Tights Calzedonia | Backpack Wisthles
After staying in Bangkok and on the beach for some time, we spent the second part in our trip in Singapore. As it was my first time, I can't say I am an expert, but I would like to share my 10 things to do list with you all. I must say I really loved the diversity of the city, and I hope to return soon!
1. SHOP. When in Singapore, you shop. It seems to be strange coming from me, but Singaporeans have a serious shopping addiction. Never in my life have I seen so many malls, and so many people in it. ALL THE TIME. There is no way around it, so hop off at Orchard road and enjoy the crazyness!
2. Eat some of the best (street) food. Singapore is a mecca for foodlovers! Wow, the food was really amazing. As the sale of street food in Singapore is strictly regulated by government rules en health inspections, you don't even have to stress out about getting a potential stomach problem. We went to the Maxwell Food Center and the one in Chinatown. Besides that, we found some of the best snacks at markets, food courts and random restaurants. We've seen it all (from sweetpatato pancakes to Acai bowls to green tea marshmellows) so make sure you get out there!
3. Enjoy the sun on Sentosa Island. Sometimes it is nice to escape the hot and busy city. The solution is Sentosa Island. I say: skip the theme park and head straight towards the beaches! Me and my sister went to Tanjong Beach Club and spend most of our time tanning on huge sun beds, eating truffle fries and swimming in the infinity pool.
4. Visit the Tiong Bahru area. At first sight, the area might seem kind of boring and residential, but we found some of the nicest cafe's here. Make sure to visit the Tiong Bahru bakery where they sell the most incredible patisserie around.
5. Dance on the Marina Bay Sands. The Marina Bay Sands hotel is one of the most iconic landmarks you can find in Singapore. As a ship floating above the city, there is no way you can miss this place. Go there by night to enjoy some cocktails at the Ku De Ta skybar and meet some new expat friends ;)
6. Take a picture at the Gardens by the Bay. I must admit I did not go here myself (but I made a great picture from the above mentioned rooftop!) but the Gardens by the Bay look incredibly cool by night.
7. Do a cultural tour around Little India, Chinatown and the Arab quarter. Singapore is famous for its multicultural society and it's definitely something you want to experience. Smell the Indian spices, enjoy some Humus and get some cheap Chinese souvenirs. Must do!
8. Experience the cool cafe lifestyle in Singapore. This city has some of the coolest cafes around, and I really did not expect it! Drip coffee, green juices, matcha latte's and vegan cakes have arrived and there is no way you would not enjoy this. Take a break from shopping or whatever you're doing and relax with some of the best snacks and drinks around! Some nice streets for this are Haji Lane and Ann Siang Road.
9. Look up! The architecture in this city is just beyond cool.
10. Beautify yourself - Asian style. Singaporeans are vain and they know how to take care of themselves! Take note and get inspired by the cool looks that you see over there. I saw the prettiest 'gradient lips' and it's high on my to do list! Make sure you pay a visit to Asian drugstores and stock up on all the cool cosmetics that we can't find in Europe.
Earrings, piercings, tattoos.. When I was about 10 years old I got my first holes in my ears. As it seemed to be a tradition in my school at that time: I had ladybugs in my ears until I went to high school and I started to wear huge rings (happy that trend is over). I just got my second "holes" and I am very happy with it. I like when people have decorated their ears really cool. Mostly I like this when they have more piercings in one ear. But as I am a bit scared to do this by myself: I found this earcuff that looks like it but I can take it off when I am tired of it! What do you think about it?
With weekends as easter I always try to go away for some days. I like to spend my extra free days in this way. This time I went to Antwerp. Antwerp is convenient to reach from Amsterdam, good chocolates and Belgium food mmm.. So traveling on friday afternoon gave us the possibility to have a nice dinner in the evening at Fr. Mistral (Pelgrimstraat 20) I have to say that it looks really cute, and the food was ok. It is a quit, really small restaurant in the center of Antwerp.
On Saturday we went to the Rubens House (Wapper 9-11) which you should have seen when you go to Antwerp. Rubens is the Antwerp icon. Rubens started to construct an Italian-style villa around 1600.Rubens designed this house by
himself, based on studies of Italian Renaissance palace architecture. The layout included his home, studio, a monumental portico and an interior courtyard. The courtyard opens into a garden in Baroque style that he also created. It is definitely worth seeing it and it gives a good perspective about his life and his work.
Saturday night we went for dinner at Appelmans (Papenstraatje 1). The name Appelmans is coming from Pieter Appelmans, the architect of the Cathedral of Antwerp. Appelmans is a big restaurant, with Belgium food and cocktailbar (downstairs, and upstairs). They have many cocktails with Absinth, as Appelmans has an Absinth bar. But also many others, classy ones, some variations on classics and some cocktails I did not know before! As I like to try new things out this is perfect :)
Sunday morning we went to the first printing house; Plantin-Moretus museum. (Vrijdagmarkt 22-23). This is a place that belongs to the Unesco World Heritage. The museum was founded in the 16th century. It is based in the home- and workplace of its owners, Christoffel Plantijn and, his son-in-law, Jan Moretus. The Plantin-Moretus company was the most prolific printing and publishing house in Europe. They remained in operation well into the 1800s. In 1876 the Moretus family sold the company to the city of Antwerp and it as opened to the public shortly thereafter.
It gives a beautiful example of how people lived that day. It is 35 rooms filled with period furnishings and artwork, many pieces by close friend of the family: Peter Paul Rubens.
After this big museum of the first print company we went to have lunch at 'de Rooden hoed' (Oude Kroonmarkt 25) this is
the oldest restaurant of Antwerp. Where I have been eating the best ham I have ever aten. Definitely a place to recommend!
Restaurant Fr. Mistral (Pelgrimstraat 20) | 7/10
B&B Marilyne (Sint Kathelijnevest 25) | 7,5/10
Rubenshuis (Wapper 9-11)
lantin-Moretus Museum (Vrijdagmarkt 22-23)
See you soon!
According to us, a classic blue (denim) shirt is an quintessential piece in every woman's wardrobe. Dress it up or down, the blue shirt always feels classy and gives your outfit that quirky I-stole-it-from-my-boyfriend-look.
Ph. found on Tumblr, snobfashionblog, etc.
We were reunited! Yes! Wendy was in Amsterdam for the easter weekend. We met eachother on Mondays and went for lunch at Staring at Jacob at the Jacob van Lennepkade. It was nice to see each other in real life again. And update
our pictures on our blog of course! We are trying to see each other more often and I (Fabia) am going to Berlin in May.
Jacket River Island | Jeans Monki | Sweater Rika | Shoes Philosophy di Alberta Feretti | Crossbody 10crosby Derek Lam
Leather jacket Zara | Tights Calzedonia | Backpack Whistles | Dress H&M | Shoes Zara
Even after being in Bangkok for three times now, the city never gets boring. As any big city, Bangkok is ever evolving and never the same. However, there are some things I always want to do when I am there. For anyone going to Bangkok, get your notebook out!
Last year I absolutely did not want to think any moment about sport socks in shoes. I would have to say that I have changed my mindset about this. After seeing the show of Prada I realized it is kinda cool.. You just have to find the right socks - and probably the right socks (right height, right color) tare not the one of Prada, since they are about 230 euros-.
"This canyon was formed by millions of years of flowing water that carved out a deep, yet narrow crevice. Since significantly less light makes it down to the deeper depths, the walls often appear to be different colors."
More info here
Last weekend I went to the museum in Dordrecht. We had a special tour around in this museum where they are currently showing an unique exhibition about a previous Dutch king; Willem II. Later more about this. During our day in Dordrecht we had lunch in Khotinsky. A place worth visiting!
The sun is showing more and more of itself, so it's time to get our summer shoes out of the closet! What type of shoes better fit our preliminary summer vibes? The espadrille basically screams 'summer', 'holiday' and 'festival'! All the more reason to buy a new pair this year :)
From left to right:
Black lace H&M espadrilles
Snakeprint Zara espadrilles
Floral D&G espadrilles
Black hairy Celine espadrilles
Studded Valentino espadrilles
Canvas Chanel Espadrilles
Last year I fell in love with this cobalt blue color. This is a kind of color that fits everyone. Also mascara in this color. Pay attention with your lipstick; not everything will fit with this color in your face. Choose orange, or pink lipstick.
Is your jewelry also always everywhere? Like mine? Here is a super cute DIY solution to organize it!
How? Read it here.
As (probably) almost every woman, we love shoes. With your shoes you are able to give your outfit a totally different twist. Wearing something really classy? Combine it with a pair of sneakers (COOL!) and the other way around; wearing something supersporty? Put some oxfords underneath! Here we are presenting you our TOP 5 shoes that ELECTRIFY.
Without telling you on the blog, I spent my last two weeks in tropical paradise. With my sister, I traveled through Bangkok, Koh phi phi and Singapore while eating, shopping and sleeping in some of the most amazing places we've ever been. Stay tuned for some pictures of my trips, To-Do lists and holiday must-haves....
A little while ago I fell in love with the shoes from L'F. I bought my first pair 1,5 years ago and I am still wearing them day in day out. I especially love their cool design of Oxfords! This unisex brand is designed by the designer Licia Flora and the photographer Francio Ferrari. We, from WEARE, are looking for more cool oxfords. Do you have any suggestions??
“Our shoes adopt a brogue model redesigned to be used as a pair of moccasins without shoelaces or tongues. We have worked on colors, materials and accessories like studs or the new ghetta, showed for the first time last Pitti in Florence.”
Visit their website at www.ilflor.com
DKNY and Opening Ceremony; New York’s most iconic brands. For Spring 2014 they have been designing a collection that features 28 ready-to-wear items. They have been creating an amazing style of the 90’s sportswear.
We are in love with this sporty collection. It already hit the stores in Ferbuary so we think you should be quick getting you limited edition item! You are able to buy it online here